Reliable Tire Disposal- Burnet, TX
Reliable Tire Disposal has an immediate opening for a Class A Driver. Reliable Tire Disposal is a family owned Christian business specializing in in the tire recycling industry, helping customers to properly dispose of tires and recycle them responsibly. Reliable Tire Disposal currently holds Texas state contracts for tire disposal. Reliable Tire Disposal breaks down and recycles tires to make things such as mulch, playground material and rubberized asphalt in their plant located in Burnet, TX.
This position is responsible for the collection of used tires from our customer’s facility and transportation of tires back to the Reliable Tire Disposal facility. In addition to the tire collections, the driver also functions as the main point of customer interaction and will be required to keep records of all transactions in accordance with company standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely operate a RTD provided vehicle for the collection, transportation, and delivery of inbound tires from customers.
- Interacts with the customer at a customer location to ensure customer awareness of pick up, understand and manage any customer servicing issues, and build and maintain good customer relations.
- Completes all required reporting and DOT compliance activities.
- This position may be called upon to supervise a driver helper or junior driver.
- Attend work regularly on the agreed to schedule and be fit for duty.
- Follow all RTD safety practices and policies.
- Follow all traffic laws.
- Dress in RTD uniform or agreed to dress code, including safety equipment (e.g. steel toe boots).
- Compliance with all DOT standards including pre and post inspections, trip logs and documentation.
- Act professionally and with integrity while on the job as a representative of RTD.
- Follow site specific practices and processes (e.g. marking and loading of tires, daily collection totals, reporting to the dispatcher when required or requested).
- Complete all paperwork and reporting thoroughly and accurately (e.g. route sheets, weight tickets, etc.).
- Bring any equipment or customer issues to the attention of management immediately (e.g. customer complaints, vehicle, etc.). Report to the office any incidents encountered on the road.
- Must be at least 25 years of age for tractor trailer operation.
- Two (2) years commercial vehicle experience within the last five (5) years; minimum of one (1) year experience within the last twenty-four (24) months.
- Maximum of three (3) jobs in three (3) years, not to exceed five (5) jobs in the past five (5) years.
- Ability to ensure that gaps in employment of thirty days have been accounted for and verified.
- Clean driving record, including: no DUIs/DWIs in the past five (5) years; no preventable DOT recordable accident involving a fatality; no more than one preventable accident within the last twelve months and no more than two preventable accidents within the last twenty-four months; no license suspensions in the last twelve months; maximum of two moving violation convictions within the past three years.
- No major violations from the following list in the last five years: excessive speed of 15 mph or more; reckless/careless driving; improper or erratic lane changes; moving violation arising in connection with a fatality accident; operating a CMV without a CDL; driving with a suspended license; illegal possession of alcohol/controlled substance; unlawful use of vehicle; driving on the wrong side of the road; fleeing/eluding police; hit and run.
- No more than two minor violations within the last three years from the following list: speeding up to 14 mph over the limit; too fast for conditions; failure to yield; disobeying a traffic control device or signal; improper lights, towing, backing or turning; illegal passing; following too close.
- No controlled substance charges and/or convictions.
Click the button below to apply now!